Chicken Burger with the Lot (Joshua’s Style)
Josh did up the chicken burger with the lot for dinner last night. I wasn’t really hungry because I ate half a can of pineapple-stuffed rambutans in syrup right before dinner. But it was really rather good that I actually ate a whole burger (which was BIG), went to bed and woke up in the morning still very full.
What you’ll need for a successful burger with lot, Joshua’s style:
- 1/2 chicken breast (halved lengthwise), pan-fried until nice and browned
- toasted burger bun (focaccia/turkish bread roll are much better though)
- 1 big slice of Colby cheese
- 2 thick slices of tomatoes
- 2 tbsp sautéed mushrooms
- 1 slice of canned pineapple
- 2-3 slices of canned beetroots
- Mixed leaf salad – rocket, various lettuce, rocket, raddichio
- (optional) Pan-fried bacon slice
- (optional) Fried egg
To me, the important things are the beetroot, pineapple, cheese and tomato. That’s it. Anything else is negotiable.
Because I’m a gravy girl and we have leftover gravy from the roast, I made mushroom gravy:
This is my burger (with gravy and braised bacon cabbage):
That was wayyyy too much food. I seriously still feel full after waking up in the morning.
Caution:Extremely messy to eat. Definitely not first date food.