Introducing Spatula, Spoon and Saturday Speedy Recipe. Because I kinda have less time but I am trying to meet the one-new-blog-post a week commitment. So I will be brief. The recipe will be fairly quick and to the point. If you are new to cooking, please feel free to leave questions below.
Ingredients – Salad
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 boiled egg
Ingredients – Dressing
- 3 tbsp Japanese mayonaise
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes in salted water until cooked. Drain. Mash lightly.
- While still hot, add grated carrot. The residual heat should be enough to semi-cook the carrot
- Toss through mayo, rice, salt and pepper. Taste and season again if necessary.
- Stir through boiled egg and cucumber.
- Any Japanese-inspired bento
- Barbecued chicken wings (teriyaki glaze)
- Ham & cheese sandwich