I was lazy so I got Josh to make lunch. Since I took over most of the cooking (unemployment, y’know?), I almost forgot what it was like to just sit there and wait for food to appear!
This is how he does a carbonara for two*:
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 rashers of bacon, chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 3 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tbsp of grated parmasan
- 1 tbsp of grated Colby cheese
- a pinch of dried tarragon
- 1 tsp of dried parsley
- 2 shakes of freshly ground black pepper
- 200 g. of spaghetti
Cook spaghetti in hot boiling water. Add a bit of olive oil to the frying pan and sautee the onion, bacon and garlic until the onion is softened. Add mushroom and capsicum for a minute or so. Add the white wine to the vegetables and let them steam in the wine for a minute or so. Add cream, tarragon and parsley and bring to boil. Turn the heat all the way down and add in the egg, whisk very quickyly so it doesn’t scramble. Add the cheeses.
Toss the spaghetti through the sauce. Serve.
* Actually that is how he does a carbonara this time. He has a tendency to put in whatever he can find in the fridge. If you’re interested, this is how I make carbonara